Shipping & Packaging
How is shipping calculated?
Standard shipping takes approximately 3-8 business days (although is often less than 5 depending on the size and destination) and is always free on orders over $35. For orders under $35 or those using expedited or priority shipping, the shipping is automatically calculated thanks to our friends at ShipStation, USPS, and BigCommerce based on the size or weight of the order and the distance it must travel to arrive to the customer. Expedited shipping uses First Class Mail and takes 2-5 business days, while Priority shipping uses Priority Mail and takes 1-3 business days. Currently we do not offer shipping outside of the U.S, mainly due to the fact that overseas shipping produces a large amount of carbon emissions and is incredibly unsustainable. The shipping for each order is automatically carbon offset, but don't worry, we cover that cost for you rather than many companies that give the customer the choice at checkout and let it come out of your own wallet.
What aspects of shipping are carbon offset? How? What does that mean?
With the help of Carbonfund.org, a non-profit who uses our annual contribution (which is based on our amount of sales), in 2022 we donated to various projects surrounding reforesting or renewable energy that reduced enough carbon in the atmosphere to account for what we emitted in all aspects of our business, including shipping. Many of our wholesalers that we purchase our products from also carbon offset their own orders, covering the shipping from them to us and maybe even more. We also donate to a variety of charities on top of this, equaling to even more offsets. All of this means that all of the shipping for each order you place has likely been carbon offset not once but at least twice. All of this to make our ecological footprint on this planet as tiny as possible ensure that you, our customers, can have a guilt-free shopping experience. For 2023 we are currently in search of a new offsetting partner, but rest assured we will remain carbon-neutral for 2023 regardless!
How are orders packaged sustainably?
Thanks to our partners at EcoEnclose, all of the components involved in our packaging are made of completely sustainable materials. Occasionally we will also reuse boxes or other packing materials that have been already sent to us, most of which come from our suppliers that similarly use sustainable boxes and other forms of packaging. See below a description of each packing material we use. If a packing material you receive is not on this list, that means that specific material was simply reused (using less energy and other resources than recycling) from a package from one of our suppliers.
100% Recycled Kraft or Gusseted Kraft Mailers
- These Kraft Mailers are made of 100% recycled content, with 90% of that being post-consumer waste, and replace the typical plastic poly mailer. They are curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable, using 10pt paperboard that is tamper-evident with a self-seal adhesive closure. Please reuse and recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled EcoX Mailers
- These EcoX Mailers are made of 100% recycled content, with 70% of that being post-consumer waste, and are a more durable alternative to the typical plastic poly mailer than the Kraft mailers. They are curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable, using a slightly thicker 11pt paperboard that is tamper-evident and also water resistant with a self-seal adhesive closure. Please reuse and recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled Tab Locking Boxes
- These Tab Locking Boxes are made of 100% recycled content, 95% of which being post-consumer waste, and is curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable. Please reuse for as long as possible to continue helping reduce virgin cardboard and the unnecessary processing it entails, and make sure to recycle at the end of life.
50% Recycled Non-Reinforced Water-Activated Tape
- This tape is certified recycle-friendly and is made using 50% recycled content, compared to other companies who might use branded or reinforced tape that use no recycled content at all, or even more often is the plastic alternative than can't be recycled at all. The water-activated tape also uses less materials and is more tamper-resistant than other pressure sensitive tapes, although a bit more of a hassle, meaning that we give up our time to make sure your orders are packaged with the highest levels of sustainability and quality in mind. The use of this tape means that the entire package you receive is recyclable, rather than needing to strip the tape off of the box first.
100% Recycled Ornament Paper Shred
- The 100% Recycled Ornament Paper Shred is made from 100% post-consumer & post-industrial content and is fully recyclable and naturally biodegradable. This product helps us to replace the typical bubble wrap, styrofoam, or other packing materials in circulation that cause great environmental harm. Please recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled Corrugated Bubble
This Corrugated Bubble is made of 100% recycled content, 95% of which being post-consumer waste content, and is curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable. This product similarly helps replace the typical bubble wrap, styrofoam, or other packing materials in circulation that cause great environmental harm but with a little extra toughness. Please recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled Labels
- The labels we use come from 100% post-consumer waste white paper and are fully recyclable, and the liner is even 100% recycled & curbside recyclable as well!
Do you offer gift wrapping?
Yes! We currently offer 3 different gift wrapping options. Note that our tab locking boxes do have a limit in size so extra large orders may be placed in other larger regular recycled boxes.
- Standard Gift Wrapping with your entire order placed in a visually-pleasing recycled tab locking box, perfect for fun unveilings, packed with recycled ornamental shred and a personalized note. Price: +50 cents per item
- Premium Gift Wrapping with each item in the order individually wrapped in recycled kraft paper and tied off with twine for extra unwrapping fun, then similarly packed with recycled ornamental shred and a personalized note in a tab locking box. Price: +1 dollar per item
- Farmer's Edition for the ultimate eco-friendly feel with your entire order packaged in real natural (but clean!) hay from a local farm, also in a tab-locking box with a custom note. Price: +50 cents per item
Please add your same chosen gift wrapping option to each item in your cart. If you do not mark the same option for every item, you will not be guaranteed your chosen gift wrapping, though we will do our best to accommodate. You only have to add your note in once for one item. We apologize for the inconvenience.