About Us & How We Operate:
Do you donate any profits to charities or non-profit organizations?
Yes! We are a member of 1% for the Planet, meaning that we donate at least 1% of our gross sales to various environmental nonprofit organizations that work towards conservation and environmental justice. In 2022 we donated over 8% of our sales! Moving forward, we vow to donate at least 10% of our annual profits. We also participate in the Stripe Climate program in which we donate an additional 1% of our sales to carbon removal efforts, although that is not our main focus. We are completely carbon neutral, meaning that we donate annually based on our sales to offset our carbon footprint. We were Carbonfree® thanks to Carbonfund.org in 2022 and are currently in the search for a new partner for 2023, but we will still be carbon neutral regardless. We also plan to be B Corp Certified starting next year, as we must have been in operation for at least a year to qualify, which ensures that we employ truly sustainable and equitable business practices. Check out our Donate page to see what other charities we regularly donate to or support!
Where/How do you obtain your products?
We work closely with all of our wholesalers to ensure that we are only selling and supporting brands who further environmental conservation and social justice as well as truly reduce waste through the use of their products. We do our best to avoid offering any products that contain plastics, aside from recovered/recycled or otherwise sustainably sourced plastic, and try to work only with companies who are based and manufacture in North America (aside from a few select bamboo products) to limit shipping impacts and ensure fair treatment of all workers. To see more information specific to a certain product or brand, please refer to the description on each individual product page. Currently our owner makes beeswax candles, recycled cards and prints, upcycled dog toys, and handprinted & painted stickers in her spare time at her home in New Jersey that are available on our website, and we plan to soon start expanding into offering more of our own sustainable products in the US. All of our own line of products are currently made from our own home with only recycled or natural materials ethically sourced in the United States.
Where are you located?
Currently, our owner runs this business out of her home in Glen Gardner, New Jersey, USA. While we mainly operate online, you can also find us at the Stangl Factory Farmer's Market in Flemington NJ most Saturdays, and keep an eye on our socials for dates and locations of other events we attend!
Do you offer wholesale?
Yes! We offer wholesale for all of our own brand of products (though quantities available and lead times may vary due to their handmade nature) and we may be able to offer large discounts for big orders of some other products we offer as well. Reach out with some information about you and your business to get an idea of prices and see how we may be able to work together!
What do the icons on the product pictures and at the bottom of the homepage mean?
The badges on the homepage and products serve as an easy guide to quickly identify all of the different sustainable characteristics of our products.
The compost bin badge shows that the product and/or its packaging is compostable
The bottle pouring badge indicates that the product has a refillable aspect
The tree badge tells you that a tree is planted through the purchase of this product
The green arrows recycling badge shows that the product is made with or packaged in recycled materials
The FSC checkmark tree badge indicates that this product contains FSC Certified materials
The V checkmark badge tells you that this product is 100% vegan
The return package badge shows that the item or its container has a take-back program
The open/upward facing green arrow triangle notes that this product is upcycled
The CO2 badge indicates that the product is 100% carbon neutral
The plant plug badge tells you that this product was made using renewable energy
The leaping bunny badge shows that the product is Cruelty-Free Certified
The leaf badge shows that the product contains certified organic ingredients
We never share our customers data with anyone else. We never contact them without their consent unless they have made a purchase or created a shopping cart, in which case they may receive one email asking for feedback about their order or one email reminding them of their abandoned shopping cart. We do use Google Analytics and may occasionally obtain location information from our customers in that way. If a customer signs up for our newsletter or makes a purchase, depending on what information they input, we may obtain their email, name, address, and phone number. Email addresses and may be used for marketing purposes if they signed up for emails, made a purchase, or created a shopping cart. Phone numbers may e retained and used for marketing purposes if the customer subscribes to receive text messages. The customer can unsubscribe from emails or ot-out from text messages at any time by clicking unsubscribe or texting STOP. We retain the right to use a customer's contact information in the event that there is an issue with their order so we may alert them and find a solution.
About Our Rewards/Referral Program:
How does the rewards program work?
With our rewards program you earn points for every order placed, depending on the total cost of the order, which can be used to redeem dollar discounts on future orders. Each dollar spent earns 5 rewards points, with 100 points redeemable for a $1 discount, meaning that you get over $1 back for every $20 you spend! Customers can also earn points for creating an account, subscribing to the news letter, following us on social media, and for each birthday. Visit the real-time rewards panel on our site while logged in to your account to see how many reward points you have and how those points can be used.
How does the referral program work?
Once you make a rewards account you will have a personalized link to our website in your rewards panel that you can share with friends or followers. For each person that clicks on this link and makes their first purchase of over $20, both you and the person you referred will receive a $5 off coupon similarly applicable on any order over $20. That's up to a 25% discount!
How can I access it?
You can access the rewards program by clicking on the light blue "Rewards" button on the bottom right-hand side of your screen. If on mobile, this will appear as a Gift/Present icon. Create your account or log in to get started.
About Shipping & Orders:
How is shipping calculated?
Standard shipping uses USPS Ground Advantage and takes approximately 3-7 business days, depending on the size and destination, and is always free on orders over $35. Processing time is typically 1 to 2 days, with many early morning orders going out that very same day. All orders are sent from New Jersey. For orders under $35 or those using expedited or priority shipping, the shipping is automatically calculated thanks to our friends at ShipStation, USPS, and BigCommerce based on the size or weight of the order and the distance it must travel to arrive to the customer. Expedited shipping uses First Class Mail and takes 2-5 business days, while Priority shipping uses Priority Mail and takes 1-3 business days. Currently we do not offer shipping outside of the U.S, mainly due to the fact that overseas shipping produces a large amount of carbon emissions and is incredibly unsustainable. The shipping for each order is automatically carbon offset, but don't worry, we cover that cost for you rather than many companies that give the customer the choice at checkout and let it come out of your own wallet.
What aspects of shipping are carbon offset? How? What does that mean?
With the help of Carbonfund.org, a non-profit who uses our annual contribution (which is based on our amount of sales), in 2022 we donated to various projects surrounding reforesting or renewable energy that reduced enough carbon in the atmosphere to account for what we emitted in all aspects of our business, including shipping. Many of our wholesalers that we purchase our products from also carbon offset their own orders, covering the shipping from them to us and maybe even more. We also donate to a variety of charities on top of this, equaling to even more offsets. All of this means that all of the shipping for each order you place has likely been carbon offset not once but at least twice. All of this to make our ecological footprint on this planet as tiny as possible ensure that you, our customers, can have a guilt-free shopping experience. For 2023 we are currently in search of a new offsetting partner, but rest assured we will remain carbon-neutral for 2023 regardless!
We accept free returns as long as they are sent within 40 days of the original shipping date. Returns are accepted if the customer ordered the wrong product, received the wrong product, there was a problem with the product or it did not meet reasonable expectations, or it was received already damaged*. Returns will not be accepted if the item was unreasonably or significantly used. Accepted returns are eligible for exchanges, store credit, or full refunds.
*Please note that as we do try to keep our packaging as sustainable and minimal as possible, some products like shampoo or soap bars may occasionally come slightly dented if the package was not handled well during the shipping process. Some products will therefore not be considered damaged and eligible for returns unless the damage affects their use. Pictures of the damage may be requested before we process a refund or exchange.
To Return an Item:
How are orders packaged sustainably?
Thanks to our partners at EcoEnclose, all of the components involved in our packaging are made of completely sustainable materials. Occasionally we will also reuse boxes or other packing materials that have been already sent to us, most of which come from our suppliers that similarly use sustainable boxes and other forms of packaging. See below a description of each packing material we use. If a packing material you receive is not on this list, that means that specific material was simply reused (using less energy and other resources than recycling) from a package from one of our suppliers.
100% Recycled Kraft or Gusseted Kraft Mailer
- These Kraft Mailers are made of 100% recycled content, with 90% of that being post-consumer waste, and replace the typical plastic poly mailer. They are curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable, using 10pt paperboard that is tamper-evident with a self-seal adhesive closure. Please reuse and recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled EcoX Mailer
- These EcoX Mailers are made of 100% recycled content, with 70% of that being post-consumer waste, and are a more durable alternative to the typical plastic poly mailer than the Kraft mailers. They are curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable, using a slightly thicker 11pt paperboard that is tamper-evident and also water resistant with a self-seal adhesive closure. Please reuse and recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled Tab Locking Box
- These Tab Locking Boxes are made of 100% recycled content, 95% of which being post-consumer waste, and is curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable. Please reuse for as long as possible to continue helping reduce virgin cardboard and the unnecessary processing it entails, and make sure to recycle at the end of life.
50% Recycled Non-Reinforced Water-Activated Tape
- This tape is certified recycle-friendly and is made using 50% recycled content, compared to other companies who might use branded or reinforced tape without any recycled content, or more often is the plastic alternative than can't be recycled at all. The water-activated tape also uses less materials and is more tamper-resistant than other pressure sensitive tapes, although a bit more of a hassle, meaning that we give up our time to make sure your orders are packaged with the highest levels of sustainability and quality in mind. The use of this tape means that the entire package you receive is recyclable, rather than needing to strip the tape off of the box first.
Zero Waste Shipping Labels
- These shipping labels are made from 100% post-consumer content paper and feature a release liner that is 100% recycled and curbside recyclable! They even use a recycle-compatible adhesive.
100% Recycled Ornament Paper Shred
- The 100% Recycled Ornament Paper Shred is made from 100% post-consumer & post-industrial content and is fully recyclable and naturally biodegradable. This product helps us to replace the typical bubble wrap, styrofoam, or other packing materials in circulation that cause great environmental harm. Please recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled Corrugated Bubble
- This Corrugated Bubble is made of 100% recycled content, 95% of which being post-consumer waste content, and is curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable. This product similarly helps replace the typical bubble wrap, styrofoam, or other packing materials in circulation that cause great environmental harm but with a little extra toughness. Please recycle at the end of life.
Do you offer gift wrapping?
Yes! We currently offer 3 different gift wrapping options. Note that our tab locking boxes do have a limit in size so extra large orders may be placed in other larger regular recycled boxes.
- Standard Gift Wrapping with your entire order placed in a visually-pleasing recycled tab locking box, perfect for fun unveilings, packed with recycled ornamental shred and a personalized note. Price: +50 cents per item
- Premium Gift Wrapping with each item in the order individually wrapped in recycled kraft paper and tied off with twine for extra unwrapping fun, then similarly packed with recycled ornamental shred and a personalized note in a tab locking box. Price: +$1 per item
- Farmer's Edition for the ultimate eco-friendly feel with your entire order packaged in real natural (but clean!) hay from a local farm, also in a tab-locking box with a custom note. Price: +50 cents per item
Please add your same chosen gift wrapping option to each item in your cart. If you do not mark the same option for every item, you will not be guaranteed your chosen gift wrapping, though we will do our best to accommodate. You only have to add your note in once for one item. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please feel free to contact us here with any more questions, comments, or concerns that you may have.